Monday, August 23, 2010

Clean isn't a smell, but...

Clean isn't a smell, but I sure do love the smell of clean! The naturalists out there will tell you that all the chemicals in over-the-counter cleaners are bad for you, your kids, your floors, your skin, your pores, your lungs, and your overall heath. All we need is vinegar and water.
And they're probably right. 

BUT.

I LOVE the smell of clean! Honestly, I love every cleaner aroma: the indoor-pool smell of chlorine and bleach, the lemon smell of Pine-Sol, and most recently, the clean laundry smell that stays in your clothes for days. I've washed with regular, cheap Purex detergent for years, but we recently bought a new(ish) he (high efficiency) washer that can only take he detergent.  So, I spent a good 10 minutes in the laundry isle at Walmart looking for he detergents and smelling them all. Snuggle (Blue Iris and Bamboo Silk) was a clear front-runner, and I must say, I absolutely cannot stop smelling my clothes! 

It's really pretty funny. I kept getting wafts of that fresh linen smell all day long, and it had been several days since I had done laundry. Purex had nothing on this stuff. Confession: I even smelled my clean underwear tonight when taking it out of the drawer. Clearly, the brand lives up to its name when I'm nuzzling my underoos! I'm hooked! 

3 comments:

Molly Page said...

You are too funny! I'll have to give this one a try :)

Eating Cheetos said...

Okay, we're a Purex family too. Or whatever is the absolute, rock-bottom, cheapest when the time comes to buy more. I long for the day I can shop the "elite" detergents.

If I concentrate hard enough, I think I can actually smell your Snuggly-goodness from here. Mmmmmm... :)

Melissa said...

okay, i'm a bit concerned. isn't snuggle fabric softener not detergent? just make sure to check your bottle. ashley collins and i washed our clothes in london for an entire SEMESTER in softener instead of detergent and ended up with dingy, gross clothes that couldn't be salvaged! maybe snuggle has come out with a detergent line:) but just in case, check the label.

let me know what you find...we're tide and dreft snobs around here. there are few things in life i'll pay full price for - detergent and jif peanut butter being two of them :)

i love to "smell the bleach" (as a co-worker used to call it), too. i love the smell of cleaners - especially green works stuff.

love.