I was all wrong.
Those were about the only bad things that happened on our trip.
The rest was like a dream. Really.
Moo was an angel in the car. Not one bit of fussing on our way there.
Stopped at a middle-of-nowhere gas station Subway for lunch and realized that it was by a state park that sat on a lake. Lovely. And spontaneous. We're never spontaneous, so that was extra wonderful.
While on vacation,
- Moo learned to clap
- We rented bikes for a day and rode to dinner, which we ate outside during sunset, and then rode back
- Moo loved the sand and water. He crawled all around the sand and kicked his feet in the water. He even let us put a little hat on him.
- Phil and I gave each other 45 minutes "off" each day to do whatever we wanted, so one day I took my journal and Nook out to the beach and another day I went for a jog. (Note to self: if you haven't been running in months and you decide you can totally crank out a 25-minute jog, beware: you WILL be sore by nightfall.)
- We watched two movies: We Bought a Zoo and October Baby. Both good in their own way. Mostly, it was nice just to have time to watch a movie together.
- The weather was perfect--low 60's to mid-80's.
|Not sure about the helmet at first|
After a month where Phil was gone so much that I felt like a single mom and Moo thought "phone" and "daddy" were the same thing, it was good to reconnect, necessary to reconnect. It brought us such JOY to be together, unconnected from other responsibilities and people, and we left with sweet memories, ten videos, and about a hundred pictures.