Thursday, October 11, 2012

Three Things Thursday

One.
Phil's been working 14-hour days this week, which means he doesn't really see Moo for four days straight and that he and I only have a few minutes together once we eat dinner, clean the kitchen, and shower. Glad this isn't normal like it is for a lot of families out there. That being said, I need some Saturday afternoon plans since Phil will be working and the days are loooong without that "Daddy's coming home" time. Anyone in Bham looking for something to do?

Two.
Apparently, I still look young for my age. I'll take it. In one day I was asked if I was a student by a lady at CVS and later was told, "Thanks, girl" by the guy who changed my oil. I really, really wanted to say "No prob, bro," but decided against it. Either I look young or I come across as naive. I'll go with the former.

Three.
Moo drinks milk only from bottles now, but I think I might maybe kind of be ready to move him toward using only sippy cups. I mean, not having to wash bottles every day would probably increase my happiness at least two-fold. So, my question is, what's your advice for how to switch from bottles to sippy cups? He drinks from a sippy cup now, but only water, and he probably only drinks 3 or 4 oz. of water a day, in addition to the 24 or so oz. of milk he's drinking with a bottle. My big fear is that he won't drink nearly the amount of milk he's drinking now, and that's important to me. I think I'm looking for some sure-fire, magic solution that doesn't exist (and I really don't want to go through several "I'm-thirsty-but-I-only-want-a-bottle" days), but I welcome your advice!

3 comments:

Camille Platt said...

my only advice is to replace one bottle of milk with a sippy of milk per day and see how it goes. but with both mine, it was around 15 months when i cut the bottles cold turkey and only offered the sippy I knew they were perfectly capable of using. (we do large sippy straw cup made by Learning Curve. milk comes out fast. i think other sippies ticked them off because of slow flow compared to a stage 3 bottle.) when the bottle was totally gone, then they gave up and drank equal amts of milk from their cup.

Camille Platt said...

also, for the first time ever recently, someone said, "hey, i thought you were older than me!?"

Rebecca said...

I weaned Alex from breast to cup at eleven months. I guess it depends on how old he is, but I think if you're paying attention, he would get enough. Plus, he doesn't HAVE to drink a certain amount of milk if he's eating solid foods.