Sunday, August 15, 2010

Age(less)

Old. My sister turned 15 at the end of July, successfully got a permit last week, and is now on the roads making all her other 9th grade friends jealous and making me feel, well, old.

Young. One of my former students, who is now a senior in high school, was in my classroom this week and asked, "Mrs. Johnson, how old are you?" (I tell her). "Wow. I thought you were, like, 22 or something." (Do the math, sister. That would make me a senior in high school when I taught you.)

Old. Last week was Open House at school, and for the first time, I was closer to the parents' ages than the students' ages. Again, old.

Young. My neighbor: How long have you two been married?
              Me: Coming up on five years.
              Neighbor: Wow, I thought you guys were newlyweds!
              Phil: We still feel like newlyweds.
              Me: (high-fiving Phil) You definitely get points for that response, babe.


1 comment:

Melissa said...

HA!

And no way you're closer in age to their parents!!!!! That means I am TOO. Yikes.