Thursday, July 17, 2008

A few of my favorite things...


When I was in 5th grade, I played the part of "Marta" in the high school performance of The Sound of Music. Consequently, I know and love all the songs to that musical...except when they get stuck in my head. This morning, the broken record of my mind is playing "My Favorite Things," so I thought, being the list-maker that I am, that I would make my own list of favorite things (in no particular order):

slow mornings
children laughing
The Office
pandora.com
smoothies in the summer
game nights
chocolate chip cookies
just-shaven legs
getting the mail
sharing a meal
dreaming silly dreams
Downy wrinkle release
reading memoirs
listening to a good story
chapstick
organized sports
deep conversations
the smell of my hair after a shower
unscheduled time
a good sneeze
Phil
Balderdash with the family
Nike women's shox pursuit (see picture below)

Just a few of my favorite things. Now, if I could just get the song out of my head...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So how is it that I'm in 21st place on your list of favorites things? I didn't even beat out Downy Wrinkle Release.