Sunday, July 20, 2008

Bloopers


The very word "blooper" is such a blooper of a word. At the risk of seeming juvenile, an invented word combining common silly words like "loopy" and "poop" and "blob" is bound to have ridiculously funny results. I must confess that I have spent the last hour of my life watching "Stupid Game Show Answers" on Youtube...and laughing out loud...and loving it. There's something in us as humans that loves to laugh at the blunders of others, or even ourselves, and I am no exception. In fact, I was in Chattanooga this past weekend for my brother's birthday and we pulled out home videos in which one of my brothers fell on his face and we couldn't resist watching it over and over again. It's that preoccupation with bloopers that causes Japanese game shows and shows like "Wipe Out" to have such wide audiences. So, if you have nothing better to do or just need to lighten your day with laughter, go to Youtube and watch some foozling, bungling, blubbering bloopers!

No comments: