Thursday, April 10, 2014

Three Things Thursday

I know it's been a while. Like kind of a long while since I last wrote here, and today isn't going to be some well-written, deep-thoughts kind of post. It'll be more like catching up with a friend you haven't seen in a year--just the highlights. So, here's what's kept me away the past two weeks:

Thing One: Oral boards
Phil has been studying since January for his oral boards, which he took Monday and feels good about, although he won't find out official results until May 19. Let's just say that it's amazing from my end not to feel like a single mom anymore! The kids and I headed to my parents' house for six days while Phil did a review course for and took his boards, so that helped us finish this marathon I hope never to run again!

Thing Two: Serious lack of sleep
Noodle has pretty severe reflux so she hasn't been sleeping well and is still sleeping in a moving swing for naps and a Rock-n-play at night. I do what I've gotta do for us all to get some sleep around here. And yeah, I know what the books say. Fist punch to the books. If you'd been up 4-5 times a night for weeks that turned into months, you'd break the rules too. Translation: her taking 1-2 hours to go down at night = no time/energy to write. I also got mastitis for the FIFTH time in five months. Good gracious alive it's like the plague over here. So thankful for modern medicine.

Thing Three: I'm reading again!
I'm reading my first full book since Noodle was born: John Green's The Fault in Our Stars. Really, really good. It's an easy read but doesn't compromise composition, character development, and style to make it an easy read. Highly recommend. I'm about 3/4 of the way through.

That's about it. Soon to come: pictures of the kiddos, deep thoughts, silly stories, recipes, and some more quality writing than this.

2 comments:

Camille Platt said...

uhhh yeah punch the books. good lesson for baby #2. just survive, babe!

Unknown said...

The Fault in Our Stars was a wonderful book! I just finished it last month. I tried another one of his books, Looking for Alaska, but was not as impressed with it.