Thursday, April 24, 2014

Noodle turns 6 months!

We've made it half a year, folks, and that's no small feat.

I should have named this girl "Light" because that's what she is wherever she goes. Her whole face smiles.
She's in that wonderful, fleeting stage where Phil and I are her favorite people and she kicks and squeals and smiles and laughs every time she sees us, even if it's four in the morning. That is a serious mood-booster.

She absolutely loves her brother and looks around for him if she hears him in another room and wants him to give her all kinds of attention. She likes to be around people, but can chill by herself for a while, and she's still sensitive, but toughening up a little, thanks to a certain rambunctious brother of hers. She's close to sitting up on her own, loves stroller and car rides, prefers to be outside, and has the most irresistible cheeks and thighs you've ever seen. Oh. My. Goodness.
While I've had my fair share of cry-praying face-down on the floor of her room while she battles reflux and we both battle sleep deprivation, I'm starting to see the light (no pun intended) at the end of the sleep-issues tunnel. Last night, for the first time in two months, I slept longer than 4 hours at a time. It was glorious!

I'm holding her long these days, taking in the sweet, squishy goodness of her, and praying for many, many more months and years in each other's arms.

3 comments:

driherd said...

Oh that child is precious! And I love that last pic of the two of you together!

driherd said...

P.S. This is Ashley on Dan's computer... ;)

Elizabeth said...

Enjoyed the stories! Sound like you all are doing well.