Thursday, May 23, 2013

Three Things Thursday

Thing One: Google Reader Replacement!
For those who have been looking for a replacement for Google Reader, look no further! Feedly.com has come to save us. It's formatted just like Reader, automatically transfers all of your RSS feeds, is actually more user-friendly than Reader, and takes less than five minutes to sign up. Amazing.

Thing Two: Book Rec!
I just finished a beautiful novel called The Art of Hearing Heartbeats by Jan-Philipp Sendker. The author is German, and although the book was translated into English, it lost none or very little of its craft of language, and I loved the voice throughout the novel--both sentimental and raw. Set in modern Burma, the book tells an unusual and intense love story full of passion, pain, and mystery, and leaves enough questions throughout that I didn't want to put it down. In fact, the next to last page surprised me despite the fact that I was trying to figure out part of the mystery all along. Many thanks to my sister-in-law for giving me this book; she and I both read it and both our copies are now loaned out.

Thing Three: Sermon Rec!
I've been listening to a lot of sermons lately for my devotional times each morning because often the only uninterrupted morning time I have is when I'm up a little before Moo trying to put on my face and clothes, which I can do while listening to a sermon. Anyway, this one in particular captured me this week and is worth your time if you have 30 minutes (or three blocks of 10 minutes, which is how I ended up listening to all of it). Follow the link above and choose the "Workers in the Vineyard" sermon from April 21 preached by Brian Salter.

1 comment:

Eating Cheetos said...

Just listened to that sermon, and wow...talk about a divine appointment. Exactly what I needed to be reminded of -- amazingly convicted.