Thursday, June 6, 2013

Lest you think life is all roses and rainbows over here...

I wanted yesterday to end.

At least ten lying-on-the-floor (or sidewalk) tantrums due to one or all of the following: teething, lack of sleep, general toddler shenanigans? Yep, we did that.

Vacuumed the house and then made muffins (what was I thinking?) with a toddler, resulting in vacuum #2? Yep. Did that too.

Burned one little boy's hand while holding him (to avoid more crying) and attempting to make an omelette at the same time? Totally did it.

Sleep-deprived child who took a 45-minute nap for the second day in a row? Oh yeah.

Husband who had to work three hours later than expected? Uh huh.

Of course I finished the night with a sneeze that made me wet myself because I've been through childbirth for the boy who made me question motherhood today.

And then I read this cliche but timely little nugget on a friend's Facebook page:


And I spent five minutes before going to bed thumbing through pictures of that boy on my phone. 

And I love every little bit of him. 
And I'd do yesterday over for him if I had to. 

And it's a good thing because today started at 5:22 a.m. with more tears. 
But. 
Today is a gift. 
Notice. 
Study. 
Pay attention. 
Relish. 
Breathe.
Pray.

2 comments:

Camille Platt said...

Yah for peeing yourself! War wounds!

Eating Cheetos said...

I'm giving you a Mama fist bump through the computer. I've had that day before.