Thursday, May 9, 2013

Three (New) Things Thursday

New Thing One: haircut
What began as a trim turned into four inches, but I'm okay with it, actually. Kind of a nice summer change and I'm enjoying how fast my hair dries. No picture yet since my hair is in a ponytail almost every day. If I tweeted I'd say: #lifewithatoddler #notworthit #runningaroundoutsideallday.

New Thing Two: iPhone
Yes, we've finally joined the 21st century in the Johnson home! Thanks to old flip phones that were dropping calls and dying quickly, and thanks to free upgrades to iPhones, and thanks to years of friends nagging us, we made the jump. Of course, there's no turning back. And we love them. And we have to be careful about how much we turn to them in times of boredom or what have you. And they're wonderful. Did I already say that? Seriously. 

New Thing Three: Zucchini Mini Muffin recipe (Cooking Light, May 2013)
Y'all. I want to eat these every day of my life. They're that good. Best of all, besides a zucchini, which I don't have on hand regularly, the rest of the ingredients are probably in your pantry...or your neighbor's pantry. I didn't have a mini muffin pan, so I just made them the regular size (makes 8-9) and baked them for 5 minutes longer than the recipe called for. I also added carrots when I made them for the second day in a row because I didn't have enough zucchini left. I think I liked them even better with the carrots added. If I were you, I'd go ahead and double or triple this recipe. Eight muffins lasts exactly eight hours at our house.

No comments: