Wednesday, April 10, 2013

I've Been Everywhere, Man

(title to be sung in your best Johnny Cash voice)

We've been doing some road trippin' over here. First to Orange Beach with my family (just Moo and I were able to join them), then to Chattanooga for Easter, and finally to Edmond, Oklahoma (yes, OKLAHOMA) so see some dear friends. So I've been gone for two weeks with less than a day in between trips to do laundry. It's been fun, different, exhausting, exciting, and all kinds of wonderful. 

The beach.
Let's just say the weather did not cooperate. With the exception of one day, it was so cold (highs in the upper 50s with 20mph winds) that we were only able to go to the beach twice and one of those times I had pants and a sweatshirt on. Still, it was great to be away together as a family, swim in the indoor pool, play Dominos, and eat yummy seafood. Moo was especially excited because not only were his grandparents and aunts and uncle there, but his cousin was there too and those two are big buddies. I hadn't vacationed with my family since high school, so it was fun to have so much time with them, and, of course, to be the kid again and not have to pay for my gas or food. :) Best of all, it was a change from my regular routine, which was beginning to feel like it was on repeat, so a new environment with other adults was wonderful.

Easter.
Lovely weekend spent with family and friends, good food, and most significantly, worship at my home church, Lookout Mountain Presbyterian.  

Oklahoma.
This trip was so great that it's getting its own post. :)

In the queue: 
  • Our Oklahoma adventure
  • Books I'm reading
  • Adjusting the agenda
  • A contest of sorts!


No comments: