Tuesday, December 18, 2012

I'm back.

I'm back. Whew.

I get sick about once every other year (so thankful), but last Thursday I was due. I woke up at 2 a.m. with nausea and it decided to stick around for a while. Thursday morning, I dragged myself out of bed feeling weak, chilled, achey, and yes, nauseated. I spent the morning lying on the floor with a stuffed animal under my head while my child played around me. He thought the day was pretty great, actually, because he got to watch extra Baby Einstein movies and eat whatever the heck he wanted (read: puffs).

Phil got home that afternoon and sent me to bed with some nausea medicine. While I was in la-la land, Moo and his daddy went to the zoo--again, a pretty great deal for the little guy. I woke up a couple of hours later, forced down some saltines and water (all I had eaten all day), and was back asleep by 8 p.m.

Miracle of miracles, Phil was unexpectedly off work on Friday, so he took care of Moo and I felt significantly better after 13 hours of uninterrupted sleep. I wasn't completely back to normal, but my fever had broken and I could stomach the idea of food.

Good timing, too, because Phil and I had plans to go out OVERNIGHT on Friday for our anniversary. More on that later.

It took another few days for me to be able to eat regularly again. I knew I was better when I went back for seconds on ice cream the other night. :)

All that time in bed gave helped me formulate some blog posts, so here's a preview (in no particular order):

  • My declaration of independence (if you can guess what this is about, you're officially amazing.)
  • A movie rec
  • A comment on the tragedy in CT
  • Our 7th anniversary!
Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

So glad you're feeling better!

And I know all about that independence and I AM READY FOR SOME. So, I won't spoil it for your other readers...and really I only know because you told me.

But does that still make me amazing?? :)