Thursday, September 6, 2012

Three Things Thursday

Thing one: It's possible that I'm a little addicted to Friday Night Lights. I discovered season 1 for free and now have to have a little daily dose. Just ask my husband; he says it's "the Other Man" in my life.  I was completely skeptical about this show at first. I mean, it's a show about football and my state is already so football-obsessed that it's eye-rolling, but I think that's part of what I like about this show: I understand the small town, football-is-our-life mentality. And while it's not my world, I get it. What I love most, though, is that it's not really a show about football. Football is maybe 10 minutes max of each episode, but most of the show is about relationships, and I particularly like the relationship between the coach and his wife. I love how they love, fight, laugh, respect, get frustrated with, and are spontaneous with each other--all the stuff good relationships are made of.

Thing two: I took Moo to our first "Mommy class" today, for lack of a better phrase. I'm not really into "classes" for infants, but it was at a nearby library and the woman leading our little music/story/puppet time was fabulous. Moo seemed to enjoy it, but I have to admit that I felt completely silly. Since Moo can't clap his own hands, sing the ABC's, etc., I was doing those things for him, which just felt goobery. But I'm going to have to get over myself because a) Moo loved it, b) it's free, and c) it's good for him to be around other kids. Oh, and d) it's not about me. Duh.

Thing three: Writing update: I'm working on the last draft (or two or three) for the essay I'm submitting to a magazine (deadline next week) and am designing and writing for a blog for our church. More on that to come, but if you don't see me around here too much in the next week, that's why. Exciting! Unfortunately, I've been completely unmotivated to write lately. I blame Friday Night Lights.

No comments: