Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Points

There are a few places that deserve a little extra recognition for their customer service, and they should come as no surprise.

First, Regions Bank. Last week, I was in the drive through, depositing some checks, and I'm sure the teller heard me talking in my silly voice to Moo while we waited for the transaction. The shoot whirs and I open the capsule to find not only my deposit slip but also a lollipop for Moo. Of course, they didn't know he was too young to eat it, but points to them for seeing the car seat, hearing the mommy-talk, and taking the initiative to give us the sucker. 


Second, Publix. Ah, this place just does. it. right. I don't go there very often because I can find most food far cheaper at Aldi, but I was there last week with Moo. He likes to have a little something to chew on while we walk around and instead of doing what I usually do (hand him whatever item from my purse is available), I decided to grab one of their plastic lids that goes on the to-go cups. He loved it. As we walked by the deli section, a woman came out and followed me part way down an isle asking if Moo would like some fresh fruit instead of the lid. I looked down and in her gloved hand was a fresh piece of watermelon and cantaloupe. Points, people. (As a side note, Moo was more interested in the lid, but I was pretty pumped about two free pieces of fruit!)

Third, the Birmingham Zoo. We joined about two weeks ago and have been several times. If you plan to go more than three times in a year, it's worth it to get a membership, and that membership is also good for 150 other zoos around the country. The place is always clean, has clear signs, has trash cans and bathrooms at convenient and logical places, and has tons of activities for kids of all ages. Points!


No comments: