Thursday, January 26, 2012

Seriously?

I wasn't planning on going to the eye doctor today. Rain was coming down in sheets, and--oh, that's right--my eyes were in perfect condition. Until 4 a.m., that is. When I woke up to feed the boy, my eye was stinging every time I blinked, like I had a scratched eyelid or a foreign object in my eye. After trying every trick in the book (rinsing with water, swabbing with a Q-Tip, and pulling my top lid over my bottom lid), I was still left with a very painful eye that left me weepy and my nose running.

So, I did something I hate to do: I went to the doctor. Little did I know that my eyelid has a ton of huge bumps all over it and I have an allergic reaction to something that's caused an eye infection. Who knew? The doctor said that you can get infections like this from touching pretty much anything, so there's no telling what caused this, but I'm on steroids now and should feel some relief in the next few days. Until then, the CVS folks know me by name by now (thank you, Moo, for taking all my nutrients and antibodies), and I'll be donning glasses, which makes people look more intelligent, no?

At least I wasn't in a tornado this week. No room to complain. But I guess I just did. Oops. Still working on that New Year's resolution, apparently.

1 comment:

Molly Page said...

Further incentive to NEVER touch my eyes or face while out in public. I'm so horrible about this and have been gently warned over and over again. But I never learn.
I hope you're healing well!!!