Wednesday, June 29, 2011

30 before 30 update

It's been 6 months since I made my 30 before 30 list, so it's time for a little update:

  1. Read through the Bible (or at least be in the process of doing so). In progress. I'm still in Exodus, but am only a couple of chapters away from Leviticus and I've taken lots of detours along the way. I'm okay with it.
  2. Publish something I've written. Hoping to get on this sometime this summer.
  3. Take another big trip with Phil Done...sort of. Probably won't happen with Phil, but I did go to Boston with my Aunt in April, so I'm counting that. :)
  4. Work up the guts to sing karaoke in public. Not counting on this happening, but we'll see...
  5. Journal weekly. Hasn't been weekly, but has been regularly, so I'll take it.
  6. Plant a vegetable garden in our back yard. Done. See the updated picture. I ate raw green beans and cherry tomatoes this week! Still waiting on the peppers & cucumbers to come in. 
  7. Roll my own sushi. Done
  8. Finish typing my grandfather's WWII letters to my grandmother. Also in the plans for the summer.
  9. Learn to change a tire. Not yet.
  10. Donate platelets. Not gonna happen for a while since I'm preggo. 
  11. Find some new teenage girls to invest in since all mine are graduating this year. Done. Have some amazing girls from Samford that I get to hang out with about once a month!
  12. Take more pictures. Working on this. Still a struggle...
  13.  Invest in a bookshelf for our bedroom. Done
  14. Our new reading nook!
  15. Volunteer. Done. Helped with VBS this summer. Not that I'm done for the year, but it's a start!
  16. Go to a Broadway show (doesn't have to be in NYC) Hoping to see Les Miserables (my favorite!) when it comes to Bham this fall!
  17. Actually use my yoga videos. Um...yeah. Hasn't happened. Should probably get on that.
  18. Shop at Whole Foods from time to time. Not yet.
  19. Try at least 4 new restaurants in Birmingham. Done. 
  20. Invest in at least one more piece of art crafted by a friend or family member. Hoping to make this happen at Christmastime...
  21. Snorkel. Another one that probably won't happen. Oh well. 
  22. Get a massage. Or two. Not yet.
  23. Dance at wedding reception (call me crazy, but I hate dancing in public). Done! I slow danced with my 12-year-old brother at my other brother's wedding. Taught him the box step and he was a natural! I have to admit that dancing was his idea, though. :)
  24. Watch a sunset. Or two. Sad that I have to put that on a list. Done. Phil and I spontaneously pulled over at a lookout with our takeout food in hand last weekend. A little taste of heaven. 
  25. Play volleyball. Not yet.
  26. Go camping again with Phil. Not yet.
  27. Ride my bike. Not yet. 
  28. Help a stranger. Not that I remember.
  29. Write a letter to someone who has greatly influenced your life who has no idea the impact they've had. Not yet.
  30. Cook a five-course dinner using all new recipes. Not yet, but several of you have offered to do this with me, so let's get going!
  31. Thank you, Craigslist!
  32. Paint our bedroom a color I like. Done. Changed this one. I decided I was fine with the color, but have been doing a little makeover on the room. Added a bookshelf & chair for a reading nook, moved around some furniture, and hung some pictures. Love it!

So, lots still in the works, but it's nice to have some of them checked off! Let me know if you want to join me for any of them!

2 comments:

Eating Cheetos said...

I'm impressed with all the "Done"s! Way to go! I sure wish we lived closer -- I'd love to help you check off some others. :)

Christen Sloderbeck said...

Wow! You're making such progress and not even 29 and 1/2 yet! I want to help you with the volleyball one and maybe the karaoke one! :)