Monday, June 6, 2011

Banana-chocolate chip muffins

It's summer, and that means that I'm engaging in a little cooking therapy since I'm a free woman for a couple of months. Always a sucker for new recipes, I found one this weekend for banana chocolate chip muffins that now has a permanent place in my recipe box. I was making them for our college class, and I demanded the following of my recipe search: 1) it must take 30 minutes or less start to finish, and 2) I must have all the ingredients on hand. Check and check. This recipe is quick, easy, and oh-so-delicious!

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
(shamelessly taken from allrecipes.com)

  • 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/2 cup plain yogurt
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
  • 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips

  • In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the egg, oil, yogurt and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in bananas and chocolate chips. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350 degrees F for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm with butter.

I didn't have any plain yogurt on hand, but I did have vanilla yogurt, so I substituted that and omitted the vanilla extract and it tasted great!

1 comment:

Eating Cheetos said...

I have some near death bananas that are begging to be reincarnated as these delicious muffins.

(I love allrecipes.com, too!)