Saturday, January 1, 2011

30 before 30 List

Inspired by a new year and the fact that I'll turn 30 in 14 months, I've decided to list 30 things I'd like to accomplish before age 30. Here goes (in no particular order):
  1. Publish something I've written.
  2. Read through the Bible (or at least be in the process of doing so).
  3. Take another big trip with Phil 
  4. Work up the guts to sing karaoke in public.
  5. Journal weekly.
  6. Plant a vegetable garden in our back yard.
  7. Roll my own sushi.
  8. Finish typing my grandfather's WWII letters to my grandmother.
  9. Learn to change a tire.
  10. Donate platelets.
  11. Find some new teenage girls to invest in since all mine are graduating this year.
  12. Take more pictures.
  13. Invest in a bookshelf for our bedroom.
  14. Volunteer.
  15. Go to a Broadway show (doesn't have to be in NYC)
  16. Actually use my yoga videos.
  17. Shop at Whole Foods from time to time.
  18. Try at least 4 new restaurants in Birmingham.
  19. Invest in at least one more piece of art crafted by a friend or family member.
  20. Snorkel.
  21. Get a massage. Or two.
  22. Dance at wedding reception (call me crazy, but I hate dancing in public).
  23. Watch a sunset. Or two. Sad that I have to put that on a list.
  24. Play volleyball.
  25. Go camping again with Phil.
  26. Ride my bike.
  27. Help a stranger.
  28. Learn to snow ski.
  29. Cook a five-course dinner using all new recipes.
  30. Paint our bedroom a color I like.
Items that I almost put on the list out of guilt/obligation but didn't because I don't actually want to do them:
  • Run a marathon
  • Learn to sew
  • Make homemade pasta
  • Sky dive
  • Eat vegetarian/vegan for any amount of time
Consider this 30 before 30 list a little preview of some of my blog topics for the coming year. Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Eating Cheetos said...

I have been meaning to comment on this post for awhile. I read it while I was staying at my parents' house over the holidays. My mom and sister were close by and had a read for themselves. My sister said, "I know that I have never actually met Cara, but I like her." :)

This was a great list of goals -- I am inspired to make one of my own!

Molly Page said...

I am SUCH a sucker for lists. I love yours and cannot wait to read along as you cross off these items...

{you do have a video camera to capture the karaoke & wedding reception dancing, correct???}

CWJ said...

Ashley, tell your sister that I like anyone who likes me. :)

Molly, thankfully, I do NOT have a video camera. It's enough for me to just do those things in public; I'm not brave enough to document them for all of cyberspace. :) That being said, I LOVE your videos on your blog and have watched each one in its entirety!