Thursday, March 11, 2010

Maggie Valley

Phil and I took off to the mountains for a few days this past week and here's what we saw:

Notice the sign on the church. The other side said: "Dusty Bibles lead to dirty lives"
On our hike. It was about 50 degrees, but we were hiking through snow that hadn't melted, so it was quite the workout. Think taking a walk on sand vs. taking a walk on concrete.
One of my favorite views

Of course, we couldn't help capturing this little wonder on the side of the road. Videos AND tanning? Say it ain't so!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

So beautiful. Wish we could have been hiking with you guys.

In high school, I went to a tanning bed at a gas station. I think that's worse.

But, I do have a friend who worked at a tanning bed/video place and he has some very, very interesting stories to tell. We'll get us all together someday so you can hear them all (it's Jeff Heine).

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. The responses have been amazing. God is Good.