Wednesday, February 27, 2008

what's on your bedside table?

It occurred to me the other day that a person could know me pretty well just by looking at the objects on my bedside table. Here they are (in no particular order):

- Restoration Hardware's No Crack Hand Creme for my forever dry hands (a result of constant hand washing in an attempt to avoid sickness from my students)

- Sudoku book (what I'm usually doing with the last 10 minutes of my day...I know, I'm a nerd)

- Wooden hand-held back massager (in hopes that someone (ahem, Phil) will use it on me. Massages are just about the best experiences on the planet)

- My glasses (so I can see in the morning)

- My journal (one of my most precious possessions and something I try to write in at least once a week...or month, as the case has been lately)

- Love in the Time of Cholera (the book I got for Christmas and haven't mustered up the brain power to read yet. I've heard great reviews, though, and having it by my bed increases the chances that I'll read it soon)

- Heaven (another book I got for Christmas. I've actually started this one and am taking it in doses--a great book)

So, there you have it: I love to moisturize, do puzzles, have massages, look intelligent (or sleepy) in my glasses, write, read, and plan to read. What more is there to know?

No comments: