Friday, February 8, 2013

Five Things Friday

Thing one: 
After Moo eyes my cup of coffee and lurches for it:
ME: That's Mommy's drink. You can't have it. It's my coffee and it's hot.
MOO: fake coughs (cough-ee, right Mom?)
ME: Smarty pants.

Thing two:
Date nights have become date days over here. We realized that we were paying someone to sit on our couch while our kid slept, so now we start our dates at 4 and come home by 7 or 8, which means the sitter is earning her money and we can still fit in a movie before crashing for the night. It's like getting a 6-hour date! Not bad. It does mean that we're that couple that eats dinner out at 5:30, but at least it's not crowded then. We're embracing it.

Thing three:
Just picked up Zora Neale Hurston's autobiography, Dust Tracks on A Road. I'm embarrassed to admit that I've never made it through Their Eyes Were Watching God, but I'm somehow fascinated by this woman all the same. Interested to read her life story.

Thing four:
Downton Abbey, you're overly-dramatic and borderline ridiculous at times, but I love you.

Thing five:
Had a few hours to myself this week and decided to hit up some thrift stores to fill in a few gaps in Moo's wardrobe. Remind me never to shop for children's clothes anywhere but a thrift store ever again. If I have the time to weed through everything, I can find some gems, folks. For a dollar each. Or 75 cents on Wednesdays. Man, I love a deal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

random comments - I did read "Their Eyes.." and would love to discuss it sometime. I am also "hooked" on Downton Abbey and will talk about it with ANYONE! I hit the clearance rack at TJ Maxx last week and will pass along some summer additions for Moo's closet - not a thrift store, but hoping that counts for a bargain!
Ginni

CWJ said...

VA--let's talk Downton when I see you next! Phil watches it with me, so you can talk to him about it too. :) Thanks in advance for the contribution to Moo's wardrobe!