Thursday, April 19, 2012

Three Things Thursday

I liked writing the "three things" post last week so much that I'm doing it again this week. No promises that it will be a regular occurrence, but for now, enjoy!

UNO
Help me out, people: what's the easiest way to post a video on your blog? I have some great videos of Moo I'm wanting to post for you faraway friends but I'm having trouble figuring out how to do it.

DOS
We planted our garden over Easter weekend and have some leftover packages of bush beans (green beans that grow low to the ground on a bush instead of being "climbers"). If you're interested, let me know and I'll drop a pack in the mail to you! An effort at getting back into letter writing and to clear our house of clutter. First come, first served.

TRES
Remember that monthly meal calendar I so ambitiously created back in January? Yeah, it didn't work. (I know you're probably thinking that you could have told me that, but some things we must learn for ourselves, mustn't we?) Anyway, I liked the idea, but here's what I learned: you can only plan so far in advance before it becomes counterproductive. If you plan too much, something will inevitably come up that will change the plan and you'll have to redo it, so there's a fine balance between planning ahead and leaving a little space for spontaneity. The calendar was nice in the sense that I had several meals to choose from, but I found myself resorting back to the way I've always planned meals--one week at a time--and choosing meals from all over the calendar based on what we were hungry for, when we were home, what was on sale, etc. It was nice to have so many dinner options already thought out, but in the end, it didn't save much time or work the way I wanted it to. Live and learn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Upload the video to YouTube. From there you can copy/paste the correct code into your blog to embed the video. It's super easy.