Thursday, April 12, 2012

Three Things Thursday

I unashamedly ripped this idea from one of my favorite bloggers, Bethany. Three Things Thursday is for those days when you you know you need to write, but can't seem to corral thoughts long enough to make sense of them.
So, here we go: 
three things. 
in no particular order. 
life in glimpses rather than gazes.

Thing One: I'm completely addicted to Boggle on the iPad. I'm not even very good at it, but I can't stop. Even my reading has been put on hold for this new hobby. Ridiculous. But wonderful.

Thing Two: Today is my dad's birthday. I'm pretty sure he never reads this blog, but I'm also pretty sure that he's one of my favorite people on the planet, so I'll forgive him for that. :)  I love that I've been a part of his life more than I haven't, and I'm so grateful to have him in my life. A few things I love about him: he calls me sometimes just to say hello, he learned how to put my hair in a ponytail when I was a kid, he has a goobery sense of humor, he emails me sometimes just to say he's praying for me, he can take honesty (and give it), and he likes chocolate and hot chai as much as I do. Happy birthday, Dad!

Thing Three: I'm going through an identity thing right now. In just a couple of months, I'll be a stay-at-home mom after eight years of working full time. Yikes. Mostly, I'm excited and humbled to have the opportunity to stay home, but as it gets closer, I'm having to confront myself, my pride, my insecurities in ways I didn't anticipate. I've never been great at life transitions, and this is a big one, but a really, really good one. More on this later, but for now I'm processing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cara,
I am so excited that you will be staying at home! I am staying at home with Annalise and would love to hang out with you if you are looking for something to do!

Love,

Carrie Carter - carriercarter@bellsouth.net