Thursday, March 15, 2012

Y'all.

Y'all.

I need a vacation, like, yesterday. I'm so depleted that I put my child down for a (possibly) unnecessary late afternoon nap (one I will most likely regret when he won't go to bed later on tonight) just so I could eat dinner in peace....

...and wouldn't you know it, the boy awakes while I'm mid-meal...

...and I'm back.

It's been one of those I-don't-have-time-for-lunch-and-I'm-so-stressed-all-I-want-is-a-milkshake-but-I-can't-even-make-that-because-we-have-no-food-in-our-fridge kind of days.

So, I've resorted to eating chocolate chips out of the bag and ignoring the bag of tests I have to grade.

And here I am, blogging, so I can feel like I've accomplished something for myself today this week.

And there it is: my idol of productivity that God is so gently and regularly redefining. A good day, I'm learning, isn't how much I accomplish or how much time I get to myself. A good day is a day in which I know Jesus better.


This is the day the Lord has made; I will rejoice and be glad in it (Ps. 118:24). It's good because it's His.

2 comments:

Eating Cheetos said...

Not only did you get a blog post completed -- you totally wrote what I needed to hear this evening! I've had one of those days too. Thank you, thank you! I love that verse...such a wonderful reminder DAILY.

By the way, we had hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I'll have some chocolate chips for dessert now. :)

Camille Platt said...

if it makes you feel better, i let aaron pick his dinner many, many nights because i just want him to go to bed so daniel and i can eat REAL FOOD without tired kids hanging on us. pb&J? you got it. pancakes? sure thing.