Friday, February 3, 2012

Date night

lovers_holding_hands.jpg
Nope, not the movie with Michael Scott Steve Carell and Liz Lemon Tina Fey. I'm talking about the actual date that Phil & I went on last night. First one in two and a half months--much-needed.

Long story, but we were at my parents' house for a few days and my mom and dad offered to watch Moo for us one night. Yes please. So, we went to a movie and then dinner. We saw the new Sherlock Holmes movie (something we'd been wanting to do since it came out). Apparently, 6 p.m. on a Thursday night with a movie that's about to go out of the theatre is the time to go--we had the entire theatre to ourselves. I'd be lying if I said we didn't take advantage of that. ;)

Then, we went to dinner at one of our favorite Chattanooga restaurants, The Terminal Brewhouse, a hundred-year-old hotel-converted-restaurant. We enjoyed some local brew, delicious food, and uninterrupted conversation. Soooo wonderful.

Best of all, in the midst of a month where Phil works so much that I only see him an hour max a day, several hours together was absolute bliss! Many thanks, Mom and Dad!

No comments: