Wednesday, July 28, 2010

It's been a while...

since I got my hair cut. 
Like four months.
And it was a bad cut with a stray middle layer
that I was too lazy to go back and have corrected.
My new hairdresser pointed out how bad it was.
Oops. 
But today--today--I got a GREAT cut from this place that my sister-in-law recommended.
Short hair cuts start at $30 and long at $40
including wash, dry, style, and tip. 
Whadaya think?
Pardon the photo booth lighting.


It's also been a while...


since I last dusted my blinds.
To tell the truth, I'm pretty sure I've never dusted any blinds 
in any house I've ever lived in.
Quite a confession.
To my credit, I've only been in this house for a month
but
I'm pretty sure the people who lived here for 3 years before we got here 
didn't dust either. 
Shame on them.
So I went to trusty Bed, Bath, and Beyond today and bought an Oxo duster.
The best part? It goes in the wash.
Good thing, too, because halfway through dusting my blinds, 
it needed to go in the wash.
1.5 hours and lots of coughing later (I'm not exaggerating): 
my blinds pass the finger-swiping test.
I'm hoping it'll never be that bad again.
I've seen the error of my ways and will, from now on, be a duster of blinds!


Mine's not quite so crispy-white now.


And it's been a while...


since I've been hit on by a creepy guy.
I guess it's only been about a month. Remember this?
But today it was a face-to-face person.
In Bed, Bath, and Beyond. 
I was standing there looking through a 21-page wedding registry 
trying to decide what to purchase.
He was the third person to ask if I needed help. 
He stared a little too long.
And was a little TOO helpful.
And smiled a little too much.
Despite my clear please-go-away signals, he lurked. 
So I said thank you and walked away.
Then he walked up to my friend and I a few minutes later.
His words:
 "I just want to let you ladies know that you are very beautiful women." 
Insert fake smile and polite thank you as he walked away
followed by eye rolling and the word "creeper" coming out of my mouth.
Mean, I know. Really mean.
But seriously.
If he was that desperate, he should know to look for a rock on my left hand.
Maybe I should have been flattered, but I was just kind of creeped out.

Happy Wednesday to me!


2 comments:

Melissa said...

i love the cut! can't wait to see it in person!

Anonymous said...

[color=#eed3ff]Awesome post! thank you for sharing this information. carawjohnson.blogspot.com really got under my
[/color] [url=http://nuscin-online.info]skin,[/url] [color=#eed3ff]bookmarked... Keep up the great site...[/color]