Thursday, May 29, 2008

Karaoke


Everyone has those moments (or days or years) when you think you can (and should) be famous, and there's something about karaoke that evokes those feelings--something about having a microphone in your hand and a really catchy song playing that makes you feel like a rock star. To be quite honest, I don't have a resume when it comes to singing karaoke; I'm usually the one getting enjoyment out of watching others sing off key. However, I have recently discovered that in small groups with people I know, I can't get enough. Today, for example, I spent over an hour singing the best of the oldies, and I'm convinced that it's one of the best ways to spend an hour. Of course, there were only two of us and we were in a home, but it's that non-public atmosphere that allows me to leave my inhibitions and belt a few tunes. I'm even known to sing in accent when I really get going. So, I'm thinking that Phil and I should have a karaoke party at our place sometime soon, complete with inflatable microphones for best effort, best voice, and best ingenuity. Who wants in?

2 comments:

Melissa said...

ME ME ME!

Adam and Jessica Borneman said...

you definitely should have one of those karaoke parties sometime in July and August. We would totally be in - Can't wait to see yall this summer!