Thursday, September 5, 2013

Three Things Thursday

Thing One: Unbroken
photo credit

Y'all, this book is fabulous. I know I'm a nonfiction junkie and that you might not be drawn to a true story about a WWII POW survivor, but I'm telling you: you want to read this book. Some friends have criticized it for being overdone or falsified, but even if 20% of it is made up (and I don't think it is), the 80% that's true is one of the most moving stories of humanity's darkness and resilience that I've ever read.

Thing Two: Recipe win
photo credit

Looking for a simple (we're talking FIVE ingredients) end-of-summer dish? Try Cooking Light's Halibut with Bacony Corn Saute. Does the word "Halibut" scare you? It's okay. Do like I do and substitute tilapia, which is really mild and less expensive. Don't have green onions on hand? Do like I do and substitute whatever onion you have in your pantry. And trust me: this meal tastes like a lot more than five ingredients. I'll definitely be making it again.  
Thing Three: my latest favorite app
Y'all probably know all about this app because you joined the Smartphone world when normal people did instead of waiting until a few months ago like me. But. A friend recently recommended Aviary. It's a photo editing app that makes your pretty good pictures look pretty dang amazing. I'll prove it to you on some upcoming posts!

Speaking of upcoming posts, I realize I've been a little absent lately, but I DO have some posts in the works, so stay tuned! Topics include the home makeover we did the other week (nursery pics included), pictures of my legs this pregnancy (I think it'll be a theme for all my pregnancies. You won't want to miss it!), and an update on all the hilarious and irresistible things Moo is doing these days. 

No comments: