Monday, September 9, 2013

Moo Update: 22 months

Is a little music man! Sings all day long and in tune. Among the jibberish and songs like "You Are My Sunshine," he often sings songs about Jesus and loves the "Hallelujah...Praise Ye the Lord" song. There's nothing quite as wonderful as hearing your child talk/sing about Jesus, even if he doesn't completely understand what he's saying yet. 

Has quite a sense of humor. Has started telling little jokes over and over again and cracking himself (and us) up.
Thinks he's so funny.
Still obsessed with all things wheels, water, and outside, as well as stuffed animals. 97% of our indoor activities involve cars and 90% of our outdoor activities involve water. Anytime you have water, outdoors, and wheels simultaneously, you get extra points.

Has a great imagination (that or he really needs a sibling). He makes his cars talk to each other and he talks to his stuffed animals as if they're real and even changes their diapers when they "make poo-poo."

Is extraverted and loves spending time with his "sins" (friends). 

Might be a runner one day. Wants to run all day long--especially when we're outside--which is partly why his legs are covered in a variety of bruises, scars, scabs, and open wounds on a regular basis. "Run, Mama!" he says. So we run. Or he does. I pretty much just waddle these days.
 
Loves sports and talks mostly about baseball and the Braves.

Totally into bugs. Wants to hold them, dig for them, catch them, touch them, talk about them.

The other night he said "Night night, Sissy" to my belly as I was putting him down. Melt. My. Heart. Already praying that those two will love and protect each other all their lives.

Really into art--especially drawing "happy saces" (crude circles) with crayons or chalk.
Artist at work
Loves to fix (or "six") things--especially if it means he gets to use Daddy's tools.

Still wants to help in the kitchen any chance he gets, so I just let him go to town learning to crack eggs, measure flour, rinse beans, etc. It's messy, but that's what brooms and vacuums are for.
Notice the flour on his mouth. Gotta taste test, people.
Is highly verbal. He recently spent a few days with my parents and when I asked my mom how the car ride went, she said he talked and talked the whole time! Right now, I love this. I'm sure I'll have a day soon when some quiet would be nice.

Knows most colors and some letters. Can count to three, but usually just says, "Two, three, six, ten!" At least it's in ascending order.

Still loves animals. As in he wants to lick the dogs back when they lick him. That kind of love.

Is starting to memorize his favorite books and "read" them on his own. 

Like his mama, he gets ornery when he's hungry. For someone so verbal, he doesn't ever tell me when he's hungry until he has an all-out temper tantrum. Sheesh!

Is happy 95% of the time. Grace. Of. God.


LOVES his daddy. If Phil is home, Moo wants to be where he is, doing what he's doing. I can't think of a better man for Moo to model his life after!

5 comments:

Christen Sloderbeck said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christen Sloderbeck said...

Precious!

Craig Johnson said...

Love that boy!

Eating Cheetos said...

Ah, preciousness! We sure wish we could spend time with our favorite "sins" more often! Love y'all!

Anonymous said...

I'd love to live closer to this fabulous group of folks! Trust me. You. Will. Want. Silence. One. Day. Very. Soon. Please don't get into the habit of not concentrating on what the kiddos are saying. I think that is why my memory of my sons' childhoods is somewhat a "blur". Be present when you are present!