Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Hurry up and wait

Last week at this time, I was told that I'd probably be induced tomorrow because of my swelling. So, mentally I prepared to be a patient in a hospital this week: I ran around all weekend trying to get all my errands done and I worked late hours to make sure all my sub plans were in order.

Cue Monday's doctor appointment.

The good news: both my blood pressure and weight are down, which indicates some improvement in my swelling.

The bad news (but ultimately really good news): I won't be induced unless he hasn't come by next Wednesday.

So, today was MY LAST DAY OF WORK FOR THREE MONTHS. So wonderful! It's like running a marathon and seeing the finish line. My students were so sweet and brought me diapers and told me how much they'd miss me. Seriously, they are why I love my job so much.
The nursery...we've since hung a few things on the walls.

BUT I'm ready to be off. And now I have some unexpected down time and I'm trying to figure out what to do with it since I wasn't prepared for it. The nursery is done (see pictures). The groceries are bought. The clothes are washed. The floors are...kinda clean. The car seat bases are in the car. We are ready!
His crib...
Phil's now "vintage" football pennants that he's had since he was seven!
These two framed wonders are now hanging over the crib. We'll call it an early education. :)
SO...

Any suggestions on how to spend my last few days sans baby? Obviously, sleep is on the agenda already and a pedicure is out of the question because of the swelling (although a pedi is definitely in the postpartum plan!).

We're still crossing our fingers for an 11/11/11 birthday, but we'll see. Can't wait to meet the little guy!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Cara, The only thing I can think of is getting some good music/reading/devotionals handy for nursing times and maybe a few lunch dates with Phil! Praying for you and your little one. Jen

Eating Cheetos said...

First of all, how cute is Baby Johnson's room?! Love it!

As for what to do while you wait...hmmm...Daniel and I miss getting to go to the movies. Not sure there's anything out worth seeing, but it's always fun to hold hands in the theater/eat snacks (purchased or smuggled in)/and not worry if your little one is being good for the babysitter. :)

Praying for your delivery -- and sending up a special request of "And if You could make it be on 11/11/11 that would be great..." :)

Love you guys!

Melissa said...

I love it, and I love those pendants. Such a great Johnson boy room!!

So good to see you today. I hope you were able to hunker down and read a bit of your book as you enjoyed the rain.

I'd suggest going out to your favorite restaurant and enjoying a long, slow meal. It might be one of the last ones you don't have to pay double for (ugh, the cost of babysitters!!!).

Can't wait to meet that little guy!!!!