Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Anniversary Surprise

Monday Phil and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary. Well, we actually celebrated last Friday, so I didn't expect anything on our actual anniversary. I came home from work around 6:30 ready to cook dinner and watch a movie with Phil...only to find that dinner was on the table...along with wine and (gasp) a beautiful vase of red and white flowers! Phil had found a recipe, gone to the store to get the ingredients, and made a delicious chicken dish with onions and green peppers. Needless to say, I felt so very loved!

There's something really good and needful about romancing your spouse throughout marriage. Finding new ways to do that is the challenge, but it's worthwhile and brings such joy to both the giver and the receiver. I pray that God continues to teach me to love limitlessly, generously, whole-heartedly, and humbly.

No comments: