Thursday, September 25, 2014

Three Things Thursday

Thing One: Recent Moo conversation
ME: Moo, God made you a really good runner.
MOO: Yeah, He made me a good "wunner" and Noodle a good "swower" (thrower).
ME: That's right. He did make you guys good at those things. What did God make Mommy good at?
MOO: (Almost without missing a beat) Getting frustrated.

We both had a good laugh over that one!

Thing Two: Mattress update
You may recall the shenanigans we went through trying to pick out a new mattress before landing on the Saatva brand. First, the customer service was phenomenal. Second, however, I'll say that we are in the process of exchanging our mattress for their softest model. They only offer three mattresses: firm, medium (most popular and what we went with), and soft. Okay, they actually have much snappier names than that, but you get the idea. The website does a great job of describing each one and recommending certain ones for certain sleepers, but we found the medium mattress to be far too firm. Like I'm not sleeping as well as I want to kind of firm. Hoping the softer one does the trick because the mattress itself is really well made and would be comfortable if I were a back sleeper.

Thing Three: Warning: this blog might be over soon
Are blogs a thing of the past? Or are my former-blogger friends (and me) just busier with kids/life than we used to be? Because they seem like they're a thing of the past. Or maybe Instagram has killed them with the unopposed weapon of the single-picture update (no words necessary). I don't know. What I do know is that I started this thing to give myself accountability and a platform to write regularly. And I still want that. But I'm wondering if this format is working, if it's relevant, if I even want to write here anymore.

Is this a thing bloggers do? Do we threaten to run away with our backpacks and then come back in three hours because we're hungry? Again, I'm not sure. There's just a little voice in me saying, "This is it. The time has come. This thing is on it's way out." And I wanted  you to know.

3 comments:

Christen Sloderbeck said...

Nooo!! I always love it when Feedly tells me you have a new blog post--it's one of my favorites to read! Maybe other forms of social media are taking over, but I will always love your blog, however old-school blogging may be. :) That being said, a general lack of time is worth considering, so if you choose to end it for those reasons, I'll support you... provided you just tell me in person all the thoughts you would have blogged. :)

And hilarious Moo conversation!

elizabeth said...

I understand how you feel about blogging going out of style....I understand if you wanna stop. But I do LOVE your blog and the things that you write. Like I've said before, you often put words to my feelings/thoughts. And of course I love seeing updates about Moo and Noodle since we moved. I will miss reading it, but i understand :)

Eating Cheetos said...

I've had the same feelings about my blog too. What keeps me going is the fact that it forces me to document kid milestones and family memories. I print it all out on Blurb each year as our family yearbook. I'm thankful for it, but wondering when I stop? I mean, I doubt the girls are going to want their journey through puberty detailed in black and white with funny pictures. ;)


Oh, and it sounds like we share a common talent...
I am really good at getting frustrated too. ;)