Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Vacation

We didn't make our bed. Not once. 
I took a bath. 
We took a 45-minute walk alone on the beach. 
Our family of three snuggled in bed in the mornings.
We laughed a lot.
I didn't wear makeup.
I finished several cups of coffee while they were still hot.
We slept through the night. Most nights.
We spent most of our waking hours with Phil's family--people we love, love, love.
We introduced Moo to the beach and the pool and the wonder that is a lazy river.

Of course we had plenty of reality too: 
Three loads of laundry.
Bedtime fussiness.
Hot hours spent indoors.
Rainy days.
Flash floods on the way down there.
A call that our house alarm had been tripped (false, thankfully).
Blah, blah, blah.

But we were away. Together. For a week.
Limited things tugging at our time.
I barely even checked my phone and email.
I didn't write.
I only read a little.
I didn't make phone calls.
I was just PRESENT.

We spent lots of time with family. 
Talking.
Watching kids play.
Playing with kids.
Eating.
Watching a movie.
Listening to music.
Just BEING together.

And it was marvelous.

2 comments:

Camille Platt said...

yah! i may ban the laptop when we go to the beach in september. it's so hard to put it down...

Christen Sloderbeck said...

Sounds like it was a wonderful time! Cute family pic, too!