Friday, March 13, 2015

Three Things Thursday

I know, I know. It's actually Friday, but I've gotta stick with the alliteration, so just pretend with me that it's Thursday, okay?

Thing One: The time I had surgery (oh wait--that was today)
Minor surgery, people. But I got some great sedation that gave me some of the best sleep I've had in months, so if that's what it takes to get some good sleep around here, sign me up! Had to get some veins in my leg lasered (again...had the same procedure done last fall), thanks to babies and genetics. Come to think of it, I probably shouldn't be typing post-op, but maybe it'll be more exciting this way for all of us. Will be walking again tomorrow and out of pain in a month or so! Wahoo!

Thing Two: The time I got hit on at the gym
As promised, here's the tale of me getting hit on at the gym (back a month ago when I actually went to the gym): I was doing a much-needed ab workout on a mat, listening to a White Horse Inn podcast, intentionally tuning out the world and any other worker-outers there. And then I felt it. Eyes in my direction. Over and over. A guy maybe 10 feet from me doing some other ab workout on a machine just bore into me and I could FEEL it, even though I never even looked up at him. Mid-crunch, he walks over to me and says, "You look like you know what you're doing. I wonder if you can help me." I restrained the eye roll I wanted to give him (because seriously, what in-shape dude really needs ab advice from some girl in the gym?). But he proceeded to ask my advice about how to do ab workouts without hurting your lower back. I toed the line between playing the game and cold shoulder pretty well, I think, but I have to say, it felt good to know that two kids later, I've still got it. Whatever "it" is.

P.S. If you don't know about White Horse Inn and their podcasts, acquaint yourselves with them ASAP! Some of the deepest and most accessible theology in the modern world. Good, good stuff.

Thing Three: My go-to pancake recipe

I grew up eating some pretty awesome pancakes that my mom made with cottage cheese in them. Sounds gross, I know, but they were all kinds of delicious. But since my kids don't always love their fruits and veggies, I wanted to find a recipe with apples or applesauce in it, and then I found this little gold nugget: Applesauce Pancakes. It's our Saturday morning go-to and a must-make if you're in a need a of reliable pancake recipe! They're so good that I usually just eat them dipped in applesauce rather than syrup! Yum.

No comments: