Friday, June 13, 2014

Girls' Night Out

After three and a half months of Phil working and studying for boards (read: I was a single mom), Phil graciously offered to watch the kids one weekend for me while I had a girls weekend. Please and thank you, Hubs.

While he offered an entire weekend, I only took him up on 24 hours (nursing/pumping/kid who wasn't sleeping well and all), but it was glorious. My friend Christen (5K Christen) and I stayed at Embassy Suites in town, since the trip was so short and we didn't want to waste precious time in the car. We made those 24 hours count, though, by:
  • Getting pedicures
  • Having (free!) drinks in the hotel lobby
  • Eating sushi (my favorite) with another friend at a new restaurant (love trying new places)
  • Watching the last two episodes of Grey's Anatomy for this season (Christen and I have watched that show loyally together for years)
  • Sleeping over NINE hours uninterrupted (Christen had to wake me up so we wouldn't miss the free made-to-order omelet breakfast)
  • Eating a delicious and large and someone-else-cooked-it breakfast
  • Shopping for and finding a dress I needed for an upcoming event
So, yeah. It was awesome and just what I needed. I think it should be an annual thing. You know, once you do something fun once you ought to make it a tradition! 

1 comment:

Christen Sloderbeck said...

Yay for a great 24 hours! I like the annual tradition idea, too. :)