Monday, December 16, 2013

My very first Christmas tree farm experience

The years we had a real tree growing up, we bought it from Lowe's or the grocery store or something a little less romantic than a tree farm. Phil, on the other hand, grew up chopping down his own tree at the tree farm and decorating it with twinkling white lights like they do in movies.

For the past seven years, we've had a fake tree that's a step up from the Charlie Brown tree but leaves something to be desired, as I tried my best to sprawl out the branches enough to cover up the center pole. We were both working and didn't have time to keep a real tree alive, but this year Phil decided it was time to go the tree farm route. I didn't put up a fight.

So, off we went to a little tree farm not far from us. Here's an overview:

Even though it was an overcast day, I'd say everyone had a good time. Phil got his manhood on by chopping down a tree, Moo got to see a real reindeer, I got to experience a tree farm for the first time, and our little Noodle thought being outside was just about the greatest place she could imagine. Merry Christmas to all!

1 comment:

Eating Cheetos said...

How fun! I soooo want to start making a trip to the Christmas Tree Farm a family tradition in our house. I grew up doing it and LOVED every minute: the car ride with Christmas songs blaring, hot chocolate in a thermos, running around all the trees. Ah, memories! So glad you all had such a fun day! And those last pics of Noodle?! Melt. My. Heart.