Monday, May 16, 2011

Cilantro-lime Salad Dressing

 
For some reason, I decided to grow cilantro in my herb garden. It's not like I make homemade salsa every weekend or anything, but I think I like the smell of it, and the availability of it. You know, just in case I did want to make salsa. So, since it's growing quite...heartily, I found this little gem that will change your summer salad making:
Cilantro-Lime Salad Dressing
This dressing is particularly good on a grilled chicken salad.
Originally from The Treasury of Creative Cooking
Karen Haigh & Rob Driskill
2 cups
2 tablespoons lime juice
2 tablespoons vinegar
1 cup olive oil
1 small bunch cilantro
1 clove garlic
2 green onions
salt and pepper, to taste
Pour lime juice and vinegar into food processor or blender. With processor on, slowly pour in olive oil. Add remaining ingredients and process until smooth.


I paired this dressing with spinach, fresh oranges, fresh strawberries, sliced almonds, parmesan cheese, and boiled chicken. The chicken didn't even need any seasoning because the dressing did all the work.

Note to self: store-bought salad dressing is out. Making your own is just way too easy. And more delicious.

I have to warn you, though: the lime will probably make you want a margarita. Bad. Or some tortilla chips with a hint of lime, which I'm currently addicted to. Enjoy your summer eats!

1 comment:

Molly Page said...

This sounds super duper yummy. Must. Try.