Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Quortes

No, the title is not a typo. It's a tribute to my hursband, who enjoys joining me in adding unnecessary r's to words. Why text someone when you could terxt them? Oh, the potential that little extra "r" has! In case you were wanting to incorporate the extra "r" into your vocabulary, as a rule, adding the "r" works best in words with long vowel sounds in the middle of them and in words that don't already have an "r" in them. For example, "plant" easily becomes "plarnt" but "chair" doesn't work because it already has an "r" in it.

Now, on to some quortes I just had to share:

The funny:
The FOX News weatherman referring to the 100% humidity outside tonight: "The air is juicy out there."

The sweet:
A groomsman to the groom at the rehearsal dinner of the wedding I was in this past weekend: "I hope you love her the least tonight."

The sentimental:
Me: "I miss Chattanooga." (Said to myself after going to Chattanooga for the wedding and seeing all the BRILLIANT leaves at the peak of autumn, driving by the Tennessee River, driving through mountains, and seeing my precious family.)

1 comment:

Molly Page said...

Chattanooga misses you too!

I'll have to try the "r" thing. Not sure I'm cool enough to pull it off...